Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 15 Oct/1 April (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts Feb 2013
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students pursuing a master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Leiden University, The Netherlands.
Field of study:
All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes offered in Leiden University
Number of Awards:
The scholarship programme is intended for international candidates from Non-EU/EEA students showing the highest achievements and promise for a master’s degree study.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
• Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
• Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
• Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee
• Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee
• Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
The maximum study period is 12 months (1-year programme) or 24 months (2-year programme).
Important Note: Students should be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
• Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme
• In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
• The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; for more information please refer to: www.ib-groep.nl
• Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
• Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (pdf) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, you should write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. The Word document should then be attached on the scholarship page in your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
For programmes starting in September, the deadline is 1 April of the same year while for programmes starting in February, the deadline is 15 October of the previous year.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.leidenuniv.nl/en/studyinleiden/lexs.htm
Ads - Advertise Here