Federal Government, Wednesday, promised to release a comprehensive report on the rescue operation of the Chibok girls, abducted nearly a year ago.
On 14 April, over 200 female students were kidnapped from the Government Secondary School in the town of Chibok in Borno State, by Boko Haram terrorists.
Following speculations that the girls may never be found again, the government said search for the Chilbok girls is on course.
The Coordinator of National Information Centre (NIC), Mr Mike Omeri, during a briefing on security situation in the country, in Abuja, insisted that all hope on rescuing the girls was not lost.
He admonished Nigerians to be hopeful as recovery of the captured towns and villages by Boko Haram were still on going by the Nigerian Troops, urging people to disregard speculations.
Omeri said; “The search for Chibok girls continues and that is why even with capture of Bama and the rest, security and military have never relent, and until it is concluded, we cannot begins to believe speculation.
“I think the one year anniversary is next week, and we hope to give a comprehensive report on what we know so far, and how far the search has gone.”