Nigerian troops have pulled back from their ongoing operations in Sambisa forest after 3 members of a government approved vigilante were killed by landmines setup by Boko Haram in the deadly forest today April 23rd.
The soldiers and the vigilante group members made an entry into the deadly forest on Sunday April 20th to destroy the sect members camps in the forest and if possible liberate the missing Chibok girls.
Reuters reports that a soldier who confirmed the retreat of the Nigerian troops said
“The soldiers have retreated to Bama because of mines. They had been on the road but that made them vulnerable, so they moved to the bush but there are mines planted there (too),”A member of the vigilante group, Muhammad Mungonu, while confirming the recent development said
“Three of our boys were killed by a landmine as we progressed into Sambisa. We’ve suspended going farther.”
Ads - Advertise Here