According to reports, June 25, 2015, veteran Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw’s Lekki apartment was gutted by fire.
New details have now stated what it has cost the actress.
Kate Henshaw was on location of ‘Do-Good’, TV series which is a revival of her and Basorge Tariah Jr. combination in the 90’s soap opera ‘Candle Light’ when she was called by her neighbors that her house was on fire.
Kate Henshaw quickly went home and called fire fighters, but it was too late. The twin duplex was burnt. According to witnesses at the scene, Kate Henshaw was said to have lost all the things she worked for in the house.
She is currently living in a temporary quarters and is yet to resume shooting.
Ads - Advertise Here
Nollywood actress and fitness instructor, Kate Henshaw suffered a huge loss as a result of the fire that engulfed her apartment last week. She has relocated temporarily.
An online medium, NET, reported that a part of the house located on Oyibo Adjarho Street in Lekki Phase 1, was damaged by the fire believed to have started in the actress’s living room following the restoration of electricity to the area on Thursday, June 25, 2015. The fire was said to have been ignited by the explosion of one of the air conditioners in Kate’s living room. The house will sure need some repairs before the actress can move back into it.
Several people were on hand to console and sympathise with the Nollywood star over the incident. Funke Akindele was among the many who showed concern over the incident. Another colleague of the actress said “her room started to burn first, then it burnt down completely everything she’s got in this world. It was a sad thing to watch your property going down. The situation was helpless. We couldn’t look the actress in the face.”
The actress was alerted of the fire while shooting the pidgin English comedy series, ‘Do Good’ that casts Basorge Tariah Jnr at Lekki. Before she could get to her house, the fire had done so much damage and destroyed property worth millions of naira.