Fresh facts have revealed that the explosion that caused panic in the Oworonsoki area of Lagos state today has been traced to a ‘leaking refrigerator’ in a beer shop attached to a residential building in the area. The affected building is a bungalow located at No. 88, Oworo Road, Oworonsoki, Lagos State.
Four persons who were injured in the explosion have been hospitalized. Emergency services officials claimed they found some electrical items in the collapsed shop as they carried out their activities on the scene after the incident this afternoon, they claimed not to have found no explosive materials that could suggest it was a bomb.
General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Mr. Micheal Akindele said the agency can authoritatively link the explosion to a defective refrigerator in the shop. However, our reporter noted that the refrigerator that reportedly caused the explosion remained largely intact.
Mr. Akindele said gas escaped from the compressor of the refrigerator suspected to be defective and reacted with carbonated drinks in the shop.
Ads - Advertise Here