Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State on Wednesday renewed his call for the prosecution of immediate past Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, over her alleged complicity in the $2.2 billion arms deal probe.
The governor last week claimed that the ex-minister was guilty of allowing huge sums of money not appropriated for, to be withdrawn from the nation’s treasury without objection.
Reinforcing his position in a chat with State House correspondents after meeting behind closed doors with President Muhammadu Buhari, Oshiomhole said the money meant for the arms deal could not have been released without the approval of the former finance minister.
Mr. Oshiomhole, therefore, urged the Federal Government to go beyond the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) and others currently facing charges for the arms deal, and bring all former officials of the past government involved in the scam, to book.
The founder of AIT/Raypower, Chief Raymond Dokpesi was earlier today arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, before an Abuja Federal High Court for receiving N2.1 billion, part of the arms deal fund, from the office of the former NSA for presidential campaigns for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, a charge he denied.
According to Oshiomhole, a National Security Adviser is not supposed to be a procurement agent of the government.
Gov. Oshiomhole also said Dasuki was only one “bleeding point” in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, claiming there were many others.