Home News Politics Military Treated Buhari With Contempt Under PDP Administration — Presidency
Military Treated Buhari With Contempt Under PDP Administration — Presidency

Military Treated Buhari With Contempt Under PDP Administration — Presidency


buhari socialThe Presidency at the weekend accused the military hierarchy of not according President Muhammadu Buhari the respects he deserved as a former military head of state and retired army general under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr. Garba Shehu, who stated this in a widely published article titled, “#‎Buharigate as the limit of obstructionist politics”, described the action of the Nigerian military as shameless.

In the heat of the March 28 presidential election campaigns, the Nigerian military claimed that it was not in possession of the West African School Certificate result of the then All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

While Buhari insisted that he submitted his original WASC result to the Army before enlistment in 1961 into the officers’ cadre of the service as is the tradition, the Military Board insisted the former general’s credentials were not in its possession.

Reacting to online criticisms against Buhari for receiving some bulletproof SUVs from the embattled ex-National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Shehu insisted that the president was entitled to what he received.

“Cars are just a few in a litany of entitlements written in that law, although it is contestable to say that General Buhari had been given his due entitlements by successive administrations as provided thereunder. Regime after regime treated him as if he was not a former Head of State.

“The military in particular treated him so badly that its leaders kept silent when the PDP charged that he didn’t have WAEC papers. One shameless Army Records officer said the former Head of State had no records at all under their system”.

The presidential spokesman noted that Buhari went without a full complement of armed guards from the army as a retired military head of state until the suspected Boko Haram attack on his convoy in Kaduna.

“It was at this time that the Chief of Army Staff (at that time) thought it necessary to reinstate the armed convoy to protect him. When they brought the two cars within a few days of his being bombed, the staff of the General were merely informed that this was from the Federal Government in fulfillment of its obligation to him”, he said.



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *