An online report calling for the submission of Curriculum Vitae (CV) by unemployed youths to the Ministry of Labour and Employment, has been dismissed as false by the Minister, Dr. Chris Ngige.
The Minister said this on Monday in Abuja in a statement signed by the Deputy Director of Press in the Ministry, Samuel Olowookere.
According to the statement, the attention of Mr. Ngige had been drawn to the online publication requesting unemployed Nigerian youths to submit application for employment in the ministry.
It noted that the online publication requested unemployed Nigerian youths to submit the CVs at the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment Headquarters and its Zonal offices nationwide.
“The general public is hereby advised to disregard this false directive as it did not emanate from the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment.
“In view of the apprehension the above false information has generated, it is pertinent to point out that the present administration is committed to the creation of decent employment opportunities for the teeming unemployed Nigerians.
“It has perfected plans for massive job creation through well thought out programmes such as Graduate Teachers Conversion Programme and Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS), among others”.
The statement, however, said that the general public would be informed in due course when any of these programmes/schemes would be rolled out.
Ads - Advertise Here